Wednesday, April 1, 2009

work...work...work...it never ends...

...but that's good right...I love designing. All this stress will just make me better...right...sometimes I'm not sure.
Anyway...there are two big things at the top of my to do list: Mix magazine and my website. As you all saw Tuesday, the site isn't in great shape. Its a VEEERRRYYY SSLLLOOOWWW learning process for me. I'm feeling a little like I did in information graphics a couple years ago when I was thrown into illustrator without ever using it before. But, that's the only way we're all going to learn...just leap in and it's either sink or swim. Most of you are already at the end of the pool though!! Here's a screen shot of what I'm up to. Most of you saw this already...I'm in the lab for a WHILE tonight working!








I've also posted two of my department pages from Mix magazine. This whole process working on the project for Meredith has been a challenge.Not only coming up with brilliant designs for the publishers' visions, but also to come up with it in 3 months!! I think we've all learned (maybe the hard way) that communication is key! I think or stuff for Mix magazine is coming together well though. We have some changes to make...and a LOT of things to add, but I think it is going to look amazing. Aimee is a great art director, and both Annie and Aimee have been wonderful to work with. Take a look at what I've been working on for the magazine and go ahead and pop over to Aimee and Annie's blogs to take a look at their stuff. We would love to have everyone else's input!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment