Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The countdown begins....


This week…I finally had a published cover!! This was another interesting round of cover designs for group one for Vox. We again had a photo cover…and….we had to wait and see what type of photos we were dealing with. In the mean time, we were given the opportunity to design a concept cover in addition to “The art of the encore,” photo cover. I’ve posted both of those first draft covers. I’ll post the final cover after tomorrow!
I also got my website to a point where I think it is ready to be sent out to people. There are still some things I would like to work on/perfect like figuring out where to put my captions/descriptions of my work, and I also think I want to create rollovers for my thumbnails instead of having to click on them. Even though my site isn’t very complex, I was so proud of myself. At first, I hated Dreamweaver and Flash, and I still have my frustrations, but I’m getting better at it. And now that I’m getting better, It makes it so much more fun to do web design!
I have also been working on the May 7th issue of Vox. As most of you know, it has been decided to blow up the entire Vox Pets Unleashed issue for three other designers and I to design. It has been really fun! We’ve all been meeting for almost a month now coming up with ideas. There have been some pretty silly ones (like wanting to put pet butts somewhere in the issue…don’t ask…), but I think we needed to go there to get where we are now. We’ve been finishing up our template for the designers to have this Sunday, and I’m super excited to hear what they all think of it and to see what they do with it. It’s going to be so cool to see an ENTIRE PRINTED ISSUE that we got to design. I can’t wait!
I also designed a cover for the publishers’ prospectus for Mix Magazine. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment