Thursday, April 9, 2009

My work this week


This week was another crazy week. I feel like I say that every week now. But, this week went by so fast and I was busy every second of it!! My Meredith group and I have been working very hard to get our designs done and ready for our publishers by Friday. I love my design group, we work well together and everyone has such great ideas! They’ve had to be very patient with me this week because I was also on to design the Missourian cover story for today (Thursday). Which means most of my attention was focused on getting that done up until midnight last night.
I had a lot of stuff printed this week:


1. The Missourian cover story: was really fun to work with. I was excited because I actually got to use a whole page to design the rest of the story. The story was VERRRRYYYY long, but it was a great story about a social scientist working with the Human Terrain Project. I encourage you all to pick up a paper to see it…or you can read it here. With the cover story, I also was in charge of the rest of the front page, and two more jump pages. I have to say, designing at a newspaper on deadline is not my favorite thing to do (PlanSystem hates me!!), but I’m glad I’m getting the experience.
2. I also had department pages run this week. This week was kind of tricky, I didn’t have final text by Sunday, so I had to just kind of guess about the page based on a ROUGH rough draft I got via e-mail.
Let me know what you think of everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment