Wednesday, February 4, 2009

What I've been working on this week


Here are the covers I worked on for the February 5 issue of VOX. The one with the flower and the one with the raindrops are part of the group I turned in last Thursday. The two with the circles are the revised ones I turned in this Monday morning. I decided to add the word event to the cover after we talked about the phrase "Spring Preview," in class. I guess "Spring Preview," does make me thing of fashion. For the colors on the final two I turned in, I just googled "spring colors 2009," and a color pallet with those colors in it popped up. I like my redesigns because I brought some of the event/entertainer's names out on the cover. I do think I need some work on cover designing though. I feel like I'm always missing something...I just don't know what or what I can do to improve. Redesigns are always hard for me! Any advice?
I've also been working on my redesign of the February 29 cover, and I will be posting that by the end of this week/weekend. 
I designed the VOX department page for tomorrow's issue, along with a couple feature paged for the Missourian that I'll be posting later. 



No comments:

Post a Comment