Wednesday, February 18, 2009

What I've been up to this week

This week, as you all know, we had our prototype ideas for our Meredith publication due. I'm in one of the Mixing Bowl groups and we're creating Mix magazine. I'm really excited about this project. 
Our magazine is for a younger audience of cooks, but they still have that classical/traditional side to them. The look I see for the magazine is modern, yet clean and sophisticated. Not too much flash. 
Here are my ideas I've been working with. The first photo is of my logos. I wanted to show food and friends coming together without coming off too literal. I chose the color palette because I think they're very vibrant colors, and they kind of remind me of colors of food (peppers, tomatoes, etc.). I also thought the color palette could easily be carried throughout the magazine- certain colors for certain types of food, certain colors for certain types of cooks, etc. 
I carried the same ideas through to my department headings (second photo). I think the recipe card tab is going too literal, but I think the blue bar running on the left side of the page subtly mimics that concept. 
The last three photos are the covers I came up with. I think I'm going to go with the final one. I think the lines in the logo mimic the lines created from a whisk, and the color concept is still there. 
Let me know what you think!! I would love feedback on this one since it's a big project. 


    

2 comments:

  1. Good work with your presentation today! The pictures of the couple were very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like all of your logo ideas for Mix. They're all so different so it really shows your creative mind. I especially like the third one with the couple :)

    ReplyDelete