Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Portfolio reviews

I'm really impressed so far with everyone's portfolios. I think the process of deciding what to include in the portfolio can be really challenging, and I'm glad we're all working together to help each other have awesome portfolios. It can be really confusing when you hear different things from different people about how to present your work.
Does anyone have any past experiences/stories about taking a portfolio into an interview? Maybe some advice from previous employers/jobs?

2 comments:

  1. The portfolio reviews were a real eye opener for me (I talk about this in my blog too). I realized that I need a lot more clips, and from different sources, in order to create the portfolio that I want. It's a good lesson, but can be a hard pill to swallow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I believe that the portfolio reviews were great learning tools. I had picked out in my head what I thought would be people's favorite pieces and some of them were right but some of them were completely wrong. Don't be to worried though. I think because of this class we're going to be ahead of the game in some ways. Not everyone gets the experience that we're getting this semester with Vox. Don't worry too much Kristin!

    ReplyDelete