Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Winner of the first VOX cover competition

For my response this week, I wanted to comment on our first critique of the cover designs. We all survived! We're used to it though after going through magazine design, right? Although opinions of our covers were quite mixed and at times...disappointed...I think everyone had creative ideas, and it just goes to show how many different interpretations there are out there of the stories. 
Kristin captured the story really well in her cover design. It was really simple and to the point...and everyone understood it! I liked the use of a cassette tape because when paired with the colors, typographies and textures, it adds to that vintage feel that I think of when I think of the Indie scene. I'm looking forward to seeing what it looks like tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment