Wednesday, January 28, 2009

VOX cover 1-29


VOX cover 1-29
Originally uploaded by lmkzp9
Here was my first attempt at a VOX cover. I really liked my idea, but I ran into the problem of people really understanding what it was. My idea was inspired by the CW television network. After an episode of your favorite guilty pleasure show (e.g. One Tree Hill), the CW tells the viewer what artists they just heard during the episode. I think I could have executed this concept better. There's just something missing. It could be the typography, the fact that it doesn't say "TV screen," etc. But for the redesign, I don't think I'm going to stick with this concept. I think if I added any more details to this design, it would get too much into simply copying the CW. I think I'm better off with coming up with a whole new concept. What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I like this concept a lot; I actually almost did the MTV graphic for "What you're hearing now." But I thought the same thing- outisde of the context of the show, it's hard to recognize. Also, like the colors!

    ReplyDelete