Wednesday, January 28, 2009

VOX Feature 2-29

My concept behind this design came from the headline "Faces of the Economy." I saw that as the literal faces (the men behind the desks) and the faces of my illustration. Everyone feels differently about this economic crisis...as depicted in this story. One man feels rather optimistic about the crisis and how our choices will impact the crisis, and another man sees the situation as more complex and an issue that will be harder to get through. I think the illustration represents the many different emotions of people regarding the current state of the economy. I think I'm going to stick with this concept for my redesign, but I need to perfect it so the entire design seems more unified. 

2 comments:

  1. I really like your design concept for this feature! You were one of the few people that steered clear of the money concept and really got at that idea of different "sentiments" or even "attitudes" about the economy that would have tied nicely into the differing perspectives of the two men profiled!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like what you did with this as well. The faces were really cool and a creative way to incorporate the title, the concept, and the varying emotions people (including the two men profiled) have about the economy. This is a fun piece content driven design!

    ReplyDelete