Thursday, March 12, 2009

Fun with Logos and my response to sharing our process

This assignment had a lot of work and a fast turn-around, but I had a lot of fun creating the logos. Maybe there's just something about this week and FAST deadlines. I didn't procrastinate as much with this assignment as I thought I would. I don't usually procrastinate when it comes to design...I look forward to it...I just have to prioritize around a million other things...as I'm sure most of you do!!!
As I mentioned in class, my design process was pretty typical for this assignment as it is with most of my design work. I get the assignment, let it soak for a few days, start researching, start sketching, and my final execution is started a couple days before the deadline. This semester, sometimes it's done the night before (or the hour before in the case of my VOX cover this week)!
I also enjoyed sharing my design process, and hearing about everyone else's design process. It was interesting to hear how our different personalities work into our process, and to hear how different and sometimes the same everyone was. I think it was also a good opportunity to get some tips on where/how to get inspiration, processes that might work better, etc.
Designing these logos was something different and a good change of pace from what I've been doing all semester. I enjoyed looking into the Show Me Dharma organization and everything about it. There was some really interesting stuff, and many compelling images to work with.
I know I'll get all of your critiques next Tuesday, but let me know what you think!!

No comments:

Post a Comment