Thursday, May 7, 2009

The "last" week of blogs

I know this is our last week of blogging for advanced design, but I hope we all continue to keep these up and keep in touch with all things design.
This week in design is an exciting one...yes...it's finally here...Vox Unleashed!! I have had so much fun working on this special issue and with some fun, talented girls!! We all had some WONDERFUL ideas. We let ourselves get a little crazy, but there was room to pull back. I think the final product has turned out beautifully! I had the opportunity to design the photo essay for this issue with some adorable photos. I've posted the first page! I've also posted the cover that Chelsea did. It turned out great and it matches the look and feel we were trying to go for with the whole issue.
I also designed a photo essay for the Missourian to May 7th. This is always a challenge for me. I have trouble finding the right sizes, arrangements and combinations of the photos to keep the photographer's story in tact. Take a look a it tomorrow and let me know what you think. I'll post a photo of the pages as soon as I can get them.

I would also like to comment on how well everyone did yesterday with the Meredith presentations. I know that everyone has been working VERY hard, and it was awesome to see the final product. I know some of the designers (including me) and publishers were nervous to get up in front of everyone and speak. Everyone did such a great job, and It was nice to see the Meredith editors so receptive to all of our ideas.
The celebration afterwards made the whole process worthwhile. Everyone had such a great time together. I'm so thankful for each and every one of my fellow designers! We all come from different backgrounds and all have different styles, but we have developed relationships that will last us a lifetime. We been through so much together this semester (and throughout our college career) and we have become a family. I'm just sad that just as we're all getting so close, it's time to say goodbye. I love you all and I can't wait for more celebrating in the days to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment